An electronic work accounting system has been developed so that the flow of information between SJSC Latvian Road Maintenance and its clients is convenient, quick, and modern, and it:
- keeps records of completed work;
- processes acceptance/rejection of completed work;
- enables the monitoring of the fulfilment of the scope of the contract or monthly plan;
- preparation of reports;
- circulation and signing of documents (using eSignature).
For safer traffic and shorter reaction times to various road events, SJSC Latvian Road Maintenance not only receives information about hazards through the usual communication channels (phone calls, texts, or e-mails), but also the Waze app.
The following events can be reported using the Waze app:
- run-over animal;
- obstacle on the road (e.g., a fallen tree);
- missing road sign;
- icy road;
- dirty road.
Mobile sensors are used to detect and monitor the actual condition of the road to help make prompt decisions about the need for cleaning or spreading sand or salt.
Mobile sensors are installed on vehicles that regularly travel along the route in question. Data from the mobile sensor enters the system, where they are monitored by the officers of the winter service.
The mobile sensor detects the following data:
- surface condition (dry, damp, wet, mud, snow, ice);
- thickness of water, snow, and ice layers;
- traction level;
- surface and air temperature;
- dew point.